Tuesday, April 10, 2012

50th Wedding anniversary bling

Wooden roses are beautiful on their own, but for an extra-special occassion, it can be fun to add a little pizazz.


This past week I received a request for a 50th wedding anniversary corsage and boutonniere.  I decided to use white wooden roses and gold glitter accents.



To add glitter to the roses, I first outlined them with Liquid Glass.  Then I dumped gold glitter powder onto the liquid glass and tapped off the excess.  Easy.

 

This boutonniere was husband-approved as sufficiently masculine (mostly because I didn't add any frilly ribbon bows).


The corsage can be pinned onto the shoulder or worn as a bracelet on the wrist.  If you would like a pretty, wooden rose creation for your special event, let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment